1. Please drop your child off in front of the building by 9:00 AM. One of my assistant instructors or I will be outside to greet students and show them where to go.
Hinsdale (July 15-19) at the Community House, 415 W. 8th Street
Western Springs (July 22-26) at McClure Junior High, 4225 Wolf Road (Entrance on Johnson Street)
2. Dress is casual. T-Shirts and shorts are fine. The buildings can get cold so students may want to bring a sweatshirt or sweater. Students should not wear hats/caps during class sessions.
3. Students need to bring a device to access the internet such as an iPad, laptop, or chromebook. All other materials will be provided.
4. Snacks and lunch will be provided. There will be vegetarian options. If a student has specific allergies, he/she will need to bring his/her own lunch. No nuts/nut products will be served. On Friday, we will walk to town to have a social lunch at a local restaurant.
5. Students are expected to follow the directions and rules indicated by the instructors and to participate in the activities. Students should not use their devices for any purpose except those related to the activities.
6. Since we will have a low student to instructor ratio, we will be able to provide each student with individualized attention to help him/her learn as much as possible throughout the week.
7. Pick-up is at 2:00 PM each day. Students will meet you at the entrance to the building.
Please contact me if you have any questions. The camp is designed both for students who have no experience with Model UN/Debate and for students who have participated in Model UN/Debate. If students come with a positive attitude and a desire to learn, the week will be great fun and an exceptional learning experience. I have been involved with Model UN for twenty years. There is no better activity for students to learn real life skills that will help them become better students, better communicators, better thinkers, better writers, better problem solvers, better negotiators, and better leaders. Thank you for giving your children this great opportunity for personal growth!
See you soon.
Yours in Diplomacy,